Sunday, March 21, 2010

News from the FAAsafety.gov World

Hello, to all safety-minded pilots and to those who will be more involved, I bring good news. The FAA Safety people have revamped the website to make it much more user-friendly. I sat through an overview webcast yesterday (yes, even though it was absolutely nice outside), I thought it would be a good thing to do. Bryan Neville of the FAASTeam showed us the new website and little tidbits we need to know as participants in the Wings Program.

I know, in the past, I've had quite a few people balk at participating in the Wings program. I realize a lot of pilots don't think it's important, but I believe that being involved with this aviation safety process is beneficial to the pilots and the reputation of the flying community as well as your wallet; especially when it comes to your aircraft insurance. I've had pilots, as well as instructors, give me all sorts of excuses why they aren't signed up - my dog ate my computer to I don't want to spend hours upon hours on the computer with this stuff.

Check out the website www.faasafety.gov. If you have questions, there's a directory of FAASTeam members in your area who will be happy to explain this program.

Fly safely!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I always enjoy the hangarspinning blogspot.......but I have to comment on the "FAA Safety people making the website more user-friendly"......this I gotta see.
Jan